Interview with author Michelle Turner

November 14, 2013

I've had the pleasure of knowing Michelle Turner for a little while now. She's the author of Reviving Bloom, Promised and Strip Me Free. Recently I interviewed her, and decided to give her a little shout out here on The Fantasy Junkie by sharing our interview. Happy reading!

What’s your current project and what can you tell us about it? 

Right now I have a handful of stories I’m working on but my main focus is Enlightening Bloom. It’s the follow-up to my ya paranormal book Reviving Bloom and it’s going to answer a lot of the questions that were left unanswered in the first book so I’m excited to get it out.

You’ve written three books so far, all in quite different genres. Was that because you don’t want to pigeon-hole yourself as just a fantasy writer, or just a YA writer?

Honestly, I didn’t go into thinking much about it. It just happened the story ideas that came to me were for different genres.

How do you prepare to write? Are you a planner or pantser? Do you have any particular rituals you have to perform before you begin writing?

I’m a panster. I don’t prepare. I don’t have a ritual. I get hit with ideas or scenes and they play over and over in my head until I finally sit my behind down and type them out.

What are you reading at the moment? Can you give us a two sentence wrap up of the plot?

For once I’m between books. I’ve tried to start a few different ones but they haven’t caught my interest enough to finish.

If you could pick a theme song for each of your three books, what would it be and why?

Reviving Bloom – "Heal Me" by Billy Currington. It really fits where Bloom was at in the beginning of the book and how her connection to Pike brought her out of that.

Promised – "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson would represent Wyn’s dreams. And the Adele version of "Make You Feel My Love" would represent Wyn and Linc’s relationship.

Strip Me Free – "Marry You" by Bruno Mars. It fits the drunken marriage that brings Zane and Briar together.


How much of your real-life experiences go into your book’s plots and characters? Can you give us an example? 

A little bit here and there. For example Bonnie (Reviving Bloom) ended up being a hybrid of one of my best friends and one of my sister-in-laws. And Bloom’s memories of fishing with her dad come from my own memories of doing the same thing with my dad.

What’s one thing you absolutely could not live without and why?

Chocolate. It’s an addiction.

When you’re not writing, what are you doing?

Spending time with my family or reading.






 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Michelle is a 28 year old native Ohioan. Go Buckeyes! Who now lives with her husband and son in West Virginia. When she isn't spending time with her family you can find her with her nose stuck in a good book. She released her first book (Reviving Bloom) as an independent author in October 2012 and plans to release two new books (Promised & Enlightening Bloom) in 2013. 




So, what are you waiting for? Go check out some of her books, or click on the title below to read more about them...

http://michelleturnerauthor.blogspot.com.au/p/about-me.html

http://michelleturnerauthor.blogspot.com.au/p/promised.html

http://michelleturnerauthor.blogspot.com.au/p/strip-me-free.html

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram