What's my current project?

November 27, 2015

Not many of you are aware that I've had a pretty crazy year. Leading up to and after the birth of my first child, I was working on the manuscripts for Dark Deceit and Dark Desire for my publisher, Momentum. I was even working while still at the hospital recovering from a C-section. In the weeks that followed, I was churning out guest posts for the release of both titles (only a couple of months separating them) as well as going through copy edits and the proofreading process for both titles. I also had to get a handle on breastfeeding, getting very little sleep and learning how to be a mum.


To say that it was stressful was an understatement. 

And now a year has gone by. And in that year I've written Dark Devotion - book three in the Dark Series - completed re-edits for Half Blood, Half Truths and Half Life and written another book in a completely different genre. I've also had people asking when the fifth book in the Helheim series will be done. 

As you can see, I've been pretty busy. 

I need a break. I'm not an inexhaustible machine that can churn out books every few weeks or months. For the six months preceding the release of Dark Devotion, I'll be gearing down and pulling back from my 'authoring duties'.


I'll be taking some time for my self, to enjoy reading a book that I don't have to edit or proofread, to play with my daughter without feeling guilty that I have to write instead. 

 So, what's my current project? 

Relaxing.
Disconnecting.
Recharging my creative batteries.

The Dark Series has taken it out of me creatively. I need to decompress and farewell my characters, and make some room in my life for new ideas and new characters that need their story told. Yes, Omega will be written, but it won't be ready until later 2016. I'm sorry, you're just going to have to wait a little longer. If you'd like to be kept in the loop, you can sign up for my newsletter on my website, or click 'follow' on my Amazon profile to make sure you know when a new title is released. 

I thank you for your continued support, and I hope that you keep coming back to my blog. I will be posting reviews as I finish books in my huge TBR pile as well as featuring some book releases.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram