Incredibly late updates...

December 31, 2013

Hello fellow Junkies,

It's been so long since I've posted anything of real interest on here and I feel terrible about that. I'm not sure if you'd believe me if I said my life just wasn't that interesting, but it's true. Other than gearing up for the Indie Author Convention on March 22nd on the Gold Coast, not much has been happening.


I've been trying to find another print-on-demand service based in Australia as my proof copies of nearly all my books have come back either too dark or the contrast/colour balance has been waaaaay off. It's costing me a fair amount of money in redesigning and postage, plus I have about ten copies of all my books sitting on my bookshelf right now.

I've also taken the opportunity to 'modernize' my covers a little more, too. I've changed the font for the title and my name and I think they're looking pretty good. They should be hitting the blog and the website very, very soon, but in the mean time, here's the updated Half Blood cover...


I'm still in the process of fixing the others, but they're almost done.Umm, what else? Sales have been a little slow, and I think I know the reason for that. I've not been very active on promotion lately due to Christmas and my general writing funk. 

Thankfully that funk has since disappeared and I'm (trying) to churn out a couple of thousand words a dark on Dark Desire which is the second book in the Dark Series. I have no idea when it'll be ready, or if it ever will be. This series definitely takes its toll on me as I write it since there is so much research involved, plus an intricate history that I have to create that fits into the chronological timeline of the Vikings.

Oh! I've been busy designing and getting swag for this event in March too. Here are the designs for my magnets and my bookmarks. I'm still deciding whether I want to get some buttons made up too. Here's the design so I'll let you guys decide!


 



 I've got some news in regards to my books/life, too, but I can't say anything about that just yet as everything is still fluid and I won't know until the end of January really. I will keep you updated though!

If you have any comments/suggestions for me about what you'd like to see on my blog, feel free to leave a comment below!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram