Reviews...

February 10, 2014

I just have to get something off my chest, and I don't mean to offend anyone with what I have to say, but it's been bothering me for a while now...
 
I love getting reviews - good, bad or just in the middle - but there is one thing that I really can't stand and that is when the reader completely misses the point of my book. For those of you who have read Dark Deceit, you'll know that it's about the Norse gods, and YES Odin and Loki do have a role to play in this story, but what really gets me is that people confuse the Marvel comics/movies with my characters.

Firstly, I have to say that my characters are NOT the Marvel characters. If you've ever done any reading about the Norse gods, you'll know that...
  • Loki is NOT Odin's son.
  • Loki and Thor are NOT brothers.
  • Odin and Loki's relationship is actually quite strange when it comes to the gods...and here's why....


Loki is the son of two giants and the blood-brother of Odin. He is the Trickster God almost by default, having tricked Odin into making them blood-brothers so he could therefore become a god himself.

Neither one of the Aesir (sky gods) nor the Vanir (old gods), he is the bridge that links the giants to the world of the Aesir and Vanir. So when you read Dark Deceit, try to keep an open mind. This is not, I repeat NOT a Marvel comic, and those of you whose sole knowledge on Norse mythology is based on a comic need to get better educated. 

There, I said it. Rant over... 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram